Useful Phone Numbers:
- Rafina Port: Tel. +30 22940 22300 or +30 22940 22487
- Strintzis Lines Rafina: Tel. +30 22940 23150
- Seaways Lines Rafina: Tel. +30 22940 24660
- Aqua Lines Rafina: Tel. +30 22940 23300
- Andros Port: Tel. +30 22820 71213
- Greek Telephone Directory Ferry Lines Info: Tel. 1440
- KTEL Bus Station Athens: Tel. +30 210 821-0872 or +30 210 823-0007
- KTEL Bus Station Rafina: Tel. +30 22940 23440
- Archeological museum: +30 2282 023664
- Hora (Andros) +30 2282 025162
- Museum of Modern Art: +30 2282 022650
- Korthi+30 2282 062242
- Kaireios Library +30 2282 022262
- Hora (Andros) +30 2282 022300
- Gavrio +30 2282 071220
- Batsi +30 2282 041204
- Korthi +30 2282 061211
- Hora (Andros) +30 2282 022171
- Gavrio +30 2282 071561
- Batsi +30 2282 041081
- Korthi +30 2282 062171
- Hora +30 2282 022250
- Gavrio +30 2282 071213
- Batsi +30 2282 041981
- Medical Center (Hora) +30 2282 022222
- Gavrio, Doctor’s office +30 2282 071210
- Batsi, Doctor’s office +30 2282 041326
- Korthi, Doctor’s office +30 2282 061217
- Andros (Hora) +30 2282 022275
- Idrousa +30 2282 071250
- Help at home – Hora (Andros): +30 2282 029003
- Korthi +30 2282 061219
- Help at home – Korthi +30 2282 062242
- Hora (Andros) +30 2282 022260
- Batsi +30 2282 041423
- Gavrio +30 2282 071254
- Korthi+30 2282 061286
Local Cuisine of Andros Island, Greece
Batsi is full of night time entertainment venues, restaurants and tavernas where visitors can try the local delicacies of Andros Island such as froutalia omelettes, kopanisti (cheese dip), sausages and of course the locally produced wine.
Andros Island Beaches, Greece
Andros Island has many beautiful beaches for endless hours of swimming and sunbathing. Apart from the stunning beach of Batsi, in sequence starting from the southwestern tip, we come across the beaches of Plaka, Apothikes, Chalkolimnionas, Palaiopolis, Agia Marina, Delavogias, Kolona (the small beach in Batsi), Kypri, Chryssi (Psili) Ammos, Agios Petros, Gavrio, Kourtalis, Fellos, Pisolimnionas, Limanaki, Kaminaki, Vlychada, Pyrgos, Selienitis and Peza in Andros Greece. We recommend using your map of Andros Island to check off your favourite beaches.
On the northeastern coast of Andros Island you will find the beaches of Zorkos, Artemidi, Vitali, Gides, Ateni, Lefka, Vori, Achla, Gialia, the two beaches of Chora: Niborio and Paraporti, Lydi, Syneti, Pidima Grias, Agios Ioannis Kremmides and Agia Moni Beach in Andros Greece.
Andros Island is a popular vacation resort, due to its wonderful natural beauty, its culture and its close proximity to Athens. One can sail by ferry to Andros Island from the Port of Rafina. Ferries leave four times a day from Rafina to Gavrion and takes 2 hours. On Andros Island, visitors will find an amalgam of impressive features, such as beautiful beaches, significant archaeological and historical sites, lush valleys, endless olive tree plantations, breathtaking gorges and crystal clear springs. On this page you are provided with a map of Andros, travel information about the settlement of Batsi, Andros beaches and Andros sightseeing.
The settlement of Batsi is situated on the coast of southwestern Andros and is one of the most frequented resorts on the island. It is located on top of two hills that surround a lovely gulf area. Visitors are charmed by its quaint whitewashed houses, its picturesque harbour and its splendid beach, which is considered one of the best in Andros Island Greece.
Andros Greece – Andros Island Sightseeing & Attractions:
Throughout Andros Island there are many archaeological and historical sites, as it has been an important cultural center of Greece from ancient times. With a good map of Andros Island, you can tour all the impressive sites. While vacationing in Batsi, we suggest you visit the Monastery of Zoodochou Pigis and the Archaeological Site of Ipsili.
For more click here.
In Chora, the capital of Andros Island, we suggest visiting:
- the Churches of the Assumption of the Virgin, Agia Tsour a, Agios Georgios and Panagia Theoskepasti
- the Kambanis Fountain
- the Tourlitis Lighthouse
- the Museums (Archaeological, Folklore, Maritime and Modern Art)
Other settlements in Andros Greece possess impressive sites that are worth visiting, such as:
- the Sariza Spring in Apikia
- the Tower of Agios Petros and the lighthouse in Gavrion
- the Ancient City of Andros, the Geometric Settlement of Zagora and the Archaeological Museum in Palaiopolis
- the Dionysus Springs and the Church of Taxiarchis of Melidas in Menites
- the Epano Kastro and the Folklore-Ecclesiastical Museum in Ormos Korthiou
- the Church of Taxiarhis in Messaria
- the Leontos Bridge and the Bisti-Mouvela Tower in Stenies
Andros Greece is located 36 miles from Rafina Port on the eastern coast of Attica, from where ferry boats depart for the island. The trip to Andros takes about 2 by ferry boat.
Ferry boat and high-speed boats for Andros depart several times daily from Rafina Port, depending on the season. You can reach Rafina Port by Suburban KTEL bus from the Green Park in Athens or by private car via Attica Avenue in the direction of Markopoulo, exiting at the sign that says Rafina. Drive along Marathonos Avenue until you reach Rafina.
If you are coming to Andros Greece from the Athens Airport in Spata, you can catch a bus or a taxi to Rafina Port. The cost of bus fare to Rafina Port is € 3, while the cost of the taxi to Rafina Port is between € 25 – € 30.
If you are coming from the rest of Greece, you will be travelling on the National Highway. Keep a lookout for exits on to Attica Avenue, where you continue driving until you see the sign that says “Rafina”. Once on Marathonos Avenue, you just have to drive until you reach Rafina.
Andros is also connected with other Cyclades Islands by ferry boat, including Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Syros, and Tinos, making it a great destination for island-hoppers. If you are interested in the Cyclades Islands boats routes, contact Andros Port.